English Law - Orders are only accepted in that the Law of England shall apply to the contract arising from such an order and to the determination of the rights and liabilities of the respective parties and in that no action or other proceedings shall be brought by either party in relation to such a contract except in a court of competent jurisdiction in England.
In the following terms and conditions, 'the company' refers to Feline Travel
The Hirer acts on behalf of all the passengers travelling on the vehicles. If the Hirer is a Company, group, or partnership, an individual must be named as a responsible person. The Hirer is responsible for the actions and decisions of all the passengers on board including any additional costs incurred in performing the contract, whether they actually travel with the party or not.
Where a copy of these conditions has been given to the Hirer at any time, or the Hirer has been advised verbally of all significant terms, making a booking will be deemed to signify acceptance of them. Where a Hirer makes a booking before receiving these conditions and without being advised verbally of all significant terms, the Hirer may cancel the booking without liability to the operator within 48 hours of receiving these conditions. Otherwise the Hirer will be deemed to accept these conditions.
- Application - Our Standard Terms and Conditions apply equally for verbal or written contracts. The acts or omissions of the passengers are the hirers' responsibility and therefore any additional costs incurred for the performance of the contract rest entirely with the hirer irrespective of whether the hirer travels with the party.
- Quotations - All quotations are valid for 7 days unless agreed at time of booking and are given subject to Feline Travel having an appropriate vehicle available at the time the hirer accepts the quotation. The quotation given is for driver and vehicle only.
- Payment - All monies must be made in full prior to the performance of the booking unless expressly agreed by the company owner. If any outstanding monies are due, the company reserves the right to collect the monies due from the original credit/debit card used by or for the hirer at any time. The hirer also agrees that no chargeback will be raised to any credit/debit card issuing company with regards to the booking payment.
- Surcharges - The quotation is given with regard to the operating costs at the time of the quotation. If more than 28 days elapse between the date of the quotation and its performance, the company reserve the right to pass on any increase in the cost of fuel or any other increased costs resulting from government action. All bookings made through credit cards incur a 2.5% banking charge unless agreed by the company Owner. The company reserves the right to charge for damage to vehicles made by the hirer and/or the passengers. Monies will be collected from the hirer. The company charges a £100 refundable sickness and damage deposit for night time hire.
- Cancellation by Hirer -If the Hirer wishes to cancel any agreement the following scale of charges will apply in relation to the total hire charge:
- up to 6 days Loss of Deposit
- 3 to 5 days 50% of total cost or deposit if greater
- 1 to 2 days notice 75% of total cost or deposit if greater
- On day 100%
- Cancellation by the Company - In the event of an emergency or request by the hirer to vary the agreed conditions, the company may return all monies paid and without liability, cancel the contract. However, the company will endeavour to supply transport with alternative suppliers but cannot guarantee this.
- Use of the Vehicle - The hirer cannot assume the use of the vehicle between outward and return journeys nor will the vehicle remain at the destination for the hirers' sole use unless this has been expressly agreed by the company. The company reserves the right to levy additional charges for timings or mileage over and above the original agreement on a pro rata basis as confirmed by hirer at the time of booking.
- Change of vehicle - The company reserves the right to subcontract to another minibus operator to perform the hire.
- Seating Capacity - The Company will, at the time of booking, agree and specify the legal seating capacity of the vehicle to be supplied. The Hirer must not load the vehicle beyond this capacity.
- Route - Unless the hirer has advised of a particular route and specified it at the time of booking, the route taken will be entirely at the discretion of the company or driver. The vehicle will depart at the times agreed by the hirer at the time of the booking confirmation. It is the hirers' responsibility to account for all passengers at those times. The company cannot accept liability for any losses incurred by passengers who fail to adhere to the hirers' instructions.
- Breakdown or Delay - The company may give advice on journey times in good faith, but cannot guarantee that the journey completed is by a specific time, and will not be liable for any inconvenience or loss incurred caused by a breakdown or unforeseen delay.
- Driver Hours - Drivers hours are regulated by law and the hirer accepts responsibility for timings agreed at confirmation of booking. The hirer accepts that neither he nor his passengers shall delay or interrupt the journey in such a way as to cause the driver to breach driver's hour's regulations. If any breach is likely to occur the hirer agrees to pay any additional costs incurred.
- Property - The vehicles are subject to statutory safety restrictions on the carriage of luggage. The driver has sole authority to decide whether the property is carried. The company cannot accept liability for damage to, or loss of property being carried on the vehicle nor can it accept responsibility for any loss or damage left on the vehicle after hire. Property found on the vehicle after hire will be held at the vehicle operating base. It is the hirers' or the passenger's responsibility to collect the property and any costs incurred to collect the property are to be borne by the hirer or passenger. Property is to be collected at a time agreed by the company and the hirer or passenger.
- Passenger Conduct - The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle. If any passengers breach statutory regulations, the driver has full authority to have them removed. If passenger conduct results in damage to the vehicle, the hirer shall be responsible for any remedial costs incurred.
- Alcohol and Tobacco Consumption - All vehicles are strictly non smoking by law. Under no circumstances is alcohol to be consumed on any company vehicle without the express written permission of the company owner.
- Complaints - All complaints must be made in writing within 7 days of the date of hire to the company. The hirer agrees that in the event of a dispute arising from a booking, a chargeback request will not be raised through the card issuer or bank. The hirer agrees to have a fair independent hearing in a County Court if an agreement cannot be made between the hirer and the company.
- Animals - With the exception of guide dogs and hearing dogs notified to the Company in advance, no animals are to be carried company vehicles.